Monday, May 10, 2010

house or home

"i've lived all over the world, but no place ever felt like home..." Sarak Walker (Chuck)

What is it that makes a home?

Another house that'll never be home.
When people ask him how he likes this place...
He looks up and says, with a smile upon his face,
This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong.
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through.
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going.
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home.


This song here really sums up how I feel at times, another house I'm just passing through. Through 17 years, I've moved houses 8 times. Eight. That's almost once every 2 years. And people close will know why and due to what circumstances.

With each house, holds certain memories. There are many memories which I would love to relive, but many of these, are overshadowed by those I'd rather repress. It's been almost 4 years now at this house. Probably one of the longest ones I lived in for. This house was promised to be the last time we moved, a promise to escape everything, and hopefully a promise to come true.

Home isn't what house you live in though. At times I feel more at home elsewhere. It's the people I'm around that make me feel like home. Someplace carefree, someplace wanted.

Home I guess, is wherever you want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment