Sunday, July 18, 2010

assert yourself.

many of us quite often find it hard to trust ourselves, trust our own instinct, and lack the self-confidence we have. although there is potential, quite often this is hindered by the fact that we doubt ourselves, doubt one another, and doubt any possibility there is to success.

i for one lack a lot of self-confidence, and most people would seem to agree. this is quite evident in tests and anything important for school eg. sacs and exams. i always tend to feel i do bad, however, my friends always seem to find it annoying how i end up doing well. i guess i too believe i do bad to begin with though. whilst doing well does give me the confidence....it quite often seems to be knocked back down. when i actually believe in myself i often do worse and disappoint as opposed to doubting myself and then surprising myself in the end. so why bother disappointing yourself when you can surprise yourself? i ask myself this all the time.

with the end of vce drawing near, i am again having a lot of doubts in myself. i am seriously doubting my chances of getting into medicine now due to the UMAT...shit scared about it and i'd be lucky enough to even get an interview. xD and with vtac applications opening soon 953257927052305701 decisions are going through my head. not to mention the numerous sacs coming up...and still my 18th just around the corner. *sighs

so i tell myself at times - BE ASSERTIVE! but how much faith can you actually put into yourself? a little motto my friends and i made up to survive unit 2 biology in yr9: dream, believe, achieve! that actually worked for us back then. now on the other hand, i always seem to doubt myself. no point expecting or dreaming of the impossible? no point expecting too much just to be disappointed? i try to be as confident as i can these days, as quite often my self-confidence is the cause of my downfall. but as confident as i can be, i try not to strive that much anymore and am realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment